sweet potato cacao muffin recipe
Is it just me or do those chocolate craving always hit right before bed time?! It's currently 8:25p and I'm snacking on these muffins I just took from the oven. They. Are. So. Good! Is it still healthy if you have 3? I like to make a few baked goods at once that way I can make something non-vegan for Noah and something vegan for me and this is what I opted for this week!
I usually make myself some sort of muffin or nutrient dense cookie for grab and go snacks/breakfast and I know this is something we could all get behind; chocolate!
These muffins are inspired by FitAndWellMedGal and I love that she swapped some ingredients to give them a lower glycemic index and that they were vegan already. Win and win! I did add GG Crackers to give them more fiber because you can never have enough fiber but feel free to omit if you don't have them.
enjoy, my fellow night time chocolate munchers!
sweet potato cacao muffins | v + df
you can streamline this recipe even more by making the cilantro-grapefruit juice ahead of time, just store it in a lidded jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
| makes 2 servings |
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato (1 large sweet potato)
- 1/3 cup powdered peanut butter
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 gg crackers, ground (omit if needed, just use less milk)
- 1/2 cup almond milk + more if needed for wetter consistency
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs (or sub for chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray muffin tin with oil spray.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix until well combined. This is a thick batter so a mixer is recommended!
- Bake in a muffin tin for 25-30 minutes. I found 27 to be the magic number for me.
- Sprinkle sea salt at the very end for a sweet + salty treat!
- Allow to cool and save for a quick and easy breakfast.